Barber Shop Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need advice on where to start

2 posters

Go down

Need advice on where to start Empty Need advice on where to start

Post by kpla51 29/08/17, 11:25 am

So Ive been in the military for quite some time and am finally fed up with getting bad hair cuts and having soldiers get bad hair cuts. Ive always played with the idea of becoming a Barber part time and feel that having an opportunity to cut soldiers hair would be a great way to start. The thing is, I have never cut hair a day in my life and don't know where to start. I looked into schools but there all from morning to evening and I obviously work so that won't work. How would you start? the only solution I could think of is to find a willing body who wouldn't mind going bald if I mess his hair up.

While i serve I want to take advantage of the massive client base, I wouldn't do it for profit because its free training and I get to help out some younger soldiers who maybe cant afford hair cuts every week.

kpla51
Slick (New Member)

Back to top Go down

Need advice on where to start Empty Re: Need advice on where to start

Post by LXGG 27/06/18, 09:27 am

First of all, thank you for your service. I can relate to you and even though this post is almost a year old there might be a chance that you might see my response. I myself was an active duty soldier and I had cut everyone in my battalion when I was in fort hood, you will always have people that are willing to let you cut their hair and practice on. The important thing is that you start and you will learn from your mistakes early on as long as there is passion there will always be progress. Good luck to you on your endeavors in the craft of barbering and take advantage of the experiences in the military.

LXGG
Rising Member
Rising Member

Back to top Go down