Barber Shop Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NABBA represents YOU!

4 posters

Go down

NABBA represents YOU! Empty NABBA represents YOU!

Post by Audi 16/02/12, 02:18 pm

NABBA? What is THAT?!!

Very good question. They are the "National Association of Barber Boards of America." They comprise of Board Members across the states.

According to their Mission Statement ( http://www.nationalbarberboards.com/index.htm ), they represent over 300,000 barbers and the icon of the independent business person. That would be you that they claim to represent. That would be myself that they claim to represent.

I've had need of representation before and in such cases the people representing me sat down and listened to my concerns. Staff Members here have gone through extensive lengths to design special NABBA 5-Razor Badges, their own designated font color (as we all have according to Usergroup), even there own designated discussion room (not seen by other Usergroups) to discuss our concerns. No response to our invitation for their participation.

Not once out of the annual conventions they seem so fond of have I seen a newsletter posted on there site as to the accomplishments made at these conferences. Saw in one pic where "Milady" was being discussed... lQQked like some big campaign to unite our eduction requirements... that would be gr8!!

My next attempt (as a representative to members on this forum) to converse with those seeming concerned about us Barbers around the world will probably be thru "Barbers International." As many of the members are seemingly the same, I'm not certain we will be met with a better outcome.

Your thoughts pleeeeze.

Last edited by Audi on 07/02/13, 06:30 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : baadd spelling)
Audi
Audi
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

http://www.AudiesBarberShop.com

Back to top Go down

NABBA represents YOU! Empty Re: NABBA represents YOU!

Post by Audi 16/02/12, 02:53 pm

ohhhhh... forgot. Who represents ya? standing by
Audi
Audi
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Toot 16/02/12, 02:55 pm

it's thoughts that you want ??

Oh, O.K.

Here are my thoughts.. I just sent this to them by email..

My letter was sent... Remember, it was from my private mail system..

Dear members of NABBA,

I just want to share with you my complete disappointment in your concern for the future of the Barbering profession.. There was a letter sent to you inviting you to visit a discussion board populated by licensed, and prospective Barbers.

At that time I believed, and shared with my fellow members there that your group would not visit, nor share in our concerns. There are those who believe in your character though. I was not one of those who believed in it, but gave my support to those who were naive enough to believe in you.

Your complete lack of interest speaks volumes though.. I could have tried to educate my fellow members for months, and not gotten across the message you've accomplished with your complete disregard..

YOUR MISSION STATEMENT

The National Association of Barber Boards of America represents over
300,000 barbers and the icon of the independent business person.

The tonsorial arts have been a tradition in the United States of America since its inception;

The time honored tradition of the neighborhood barbershop continues to grow and prosper.

Objectives:

To promote the exchange of information between state barber boards and state agencies examining licensing and regulating the barber industry.

To develop standards and procedures for examining barbers.

To develop standards for licensing and policing the barber industry.

To develop curriculum for educating barbers.

To promote continuous education in the barber industry.

To develop and promote procedures for insuring that the consumer is informed

Simple as that.. What a bad joke, on those naive enough to have believed..

Toot

Toot
Toot
Usergroup Mderator, MTB
Usergroup Mderator, MTB

Back to top Go down

Post by Audi 16/02/12, 03:05 pm

Email: NABBA@att.net
Audi
Audi
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Audi 03/02/13, 10:31 am

I noticed they cleaned up their site. That's progress! Seriously.... not joking! Thanx Toot! I do think their is hope. They have another conventyion coming up also.

http://www.nationalbarberboards.com/

Audi
Audi
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by marco 03/02/13, 09:22 pm

We as barbers need to be unified so that we can represent ourselves. As i type this North Carolina legislators are planning to combine barbers and cosmos under one board. The barber board sent out a letter asking that we contact our representatives. But who knows how many will go to the trouble. If we were organized as a group an appointed spokes person could speak for us all. That's is the only way to get a politician to listen.

marco
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Audi 03/02/13, 10:40 pm

I may be offending others here.... not my intent. I tried to get NABBA involved with their own private discussion forum, their own Usergroup, NABBA Badges and with their own script color for immediate recognition. It doesn't make sense to convene only twice a year when they could make more progress in a shorter amount of time convening on a constant basis by posting their thoughts in a hidden forum for discussion. And it was (and still is) free for them. It would gain recognition from their piers and show they care by popping in these professional forums also (with their NABBA Badges) commenting on what is possible, what isn't, what kind of progress is being made, just keeping us informed in general.

I really believe these members have been and still are an influential and powerful force in keeping separate boards in the states they each represent and bringing unification in barbering standards, education and requirements from state to state.

Last edited by saintsfan on 07/02/13, 06:07 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : not proper to end a question with a period...)
Audi
Audi
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Audi 03/02/13, 11:30 pm

marco wrote:We as barbers need to be unified so that we can represent ourselves. As i type this North Carolina legislators are planning to combine barbers and cosmos under one board. The barber board sent out a letter asking that we contact our representatives. But who knows how many will go to the trouble. If we were organized as a group an appointed spokes person could speak for us all. That's is the only way to get a politician to listen.

I wonder how much influence barbers from across the county would have.... no contact info tho. Heck... I would give it a shot. Anyone else? need'ya to provide the info tho as to who to contact. E-Mails hopefully.

Last edited by Audi on 03/02/13, 11:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : pore speling)
Audi
Audi
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by marco 05/02/13, 06:17 pm

I didn't mean for you guys to contact them,sorry for the confusion. My thoughts were for barbers in their prospective states to unify so as to have one voice any time things like this come up.

marco
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Audi 05/02/13, 06:24 pm

I wasn't confused.... was just saying these state governments are doing this everywhere one by one. They already got MO. They may need to know how barbers arounds the country feel about it. As we don't seem to have one voice yet, maybe a loud shout from around the country might have some influence... Twisted Evil

Your choice tho to provide the contact info or not...
Audi
Audi
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Russell's Barber Shop 24/02/13, 08:09 pm

I didn't know about a national board. It would be great if our license allowed us to work in any state, with a national standard, seperate from beauticians.
Russell's Barber Shop
Russell's Barber Shop
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum