Barber Shop Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas Turmoil

3 posters

Go down

Texas Turmoil Empty Texas Turmoil

Post by Audi 24/02/12, 11:04 am

It was interesting seeing this argument on a Cosmetology site. Maybe barbers around the world need to chime in to help the opinion poll for our Texas Collegues. http://www.beautyschool.com/blog/beauty-training/texas-shaving-laws-cosmetologists-barbers-on-edge
Audi
Audi
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

http://www.AudiesBarberShop.com

Back to top Go down

Texas Turmoil Empty Re: Texas Turmoil

Post by Russell's Barber Shop 24/02/12, 09:47 pm

Very interesting debate in texas. A real problem in most states. I say no to shaving for cosmos. In michigan, I finished 2000 hrs of school in 1975. Wrote stateboard for apprentice license. I then had 2 yrs of apprenticeship to do. The master barber sent monthly reports to the state on your progress, like tardyness, missed days, cleanlyness, number of haircuts, etc. After 2 yrs of completed time we wrote another stateboard test for our master license. Now here, they finish school, write test, get master license. I believe, there are only 4 barber schools left in michigan. Cosmo schools are in most good sized towns. Insane deregulation. No annual inspections anymore, just one when you start a new shop. Open up, do whatever you feel like. Got a problem, the state says call the better business bureau. Very few barbers left in michigan. They just let cosmos do whatever they want.
Russell's Barber Shop
Russell's Barber Shop
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Back to top Go down

Texas Turmoil Empty shaving

Post by straightrazor 28/02/12, 09:03 am

Lost the last reply hit wrong button, in Texas, cosmos, can now shave if they attend 300 hours of training from an approved barber college they get a barber license and allowed to shave. The state asked for everyones input, however, as usual they do as they please. cosmos in state are 130,000 and barber are less than 13,000 total. Most new barbers out of school do not shave or offer the service anymore. I barber in Mission, Texas and the shop I work at only shaves outline.

straightrazor
Slick (New Member)

Back to top Go down

Texas Turmoil Empty Re: Texas Turmoil

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down