Barber Shop Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here, looking for a little advice

2 posters

Go down

New here, looking for a little advice  Empty New here, looking for a little advice

Post by Hayley Hall 05/09/14, 04:29 am

Hello everyone, my name is Hayley.
I'm new here and just about to start my training with a local hairdresser / barber.. Is this way of training recommended? I'm a hands on, practical person and already cutting family's hair by watching online video's.. Obviously I won't have any certificate at the end of my training, will this stop me having insurance or working self employed?
Thanks

Hayley Hall
Slick (New Member)

Back to top Go down

New here, looking for a little advice  Empty Re: New here, looking for a little advice

Post by saintsfan 05/09/14, 11:05 am

What you'll be doing is called apprenticing. I would check your local regulatory agencies and find out if this is acceptable. Some states will allow you to skip school altogether  if you apprentice under a licensed barber for a certain amount of hours but you still have to go through your state or local areas barber commision. Depending on where you live if you cut hair for profit on the general public without a license you would be breaking the law and face fines and penalties. Like I said though I would check your area and find out what the rules and regulations are. The person who will be training you should be able to point you in the right direction if there is any legitimacy to their business. Hope that helps!
saintsfan
saintsfan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down